7: BUILDING TEMPLATES IN RAI
TEMPLATES ARE BASIC FOR BUSINESS
Instead of starting from scratch each time a new site is being built, simply copy one of the pre-built templates from the template-library in RAI to the new site.
A template is built just like a normal site, but has NO subscription.
Each template in the library should be pre-configured and designed to match specific needs of the customers you want to approach.
In RAI, there are two kinds of templates: GLOBAL and LOCAL. Both types are found under the templates tab.
- A GLOBAL start site/template is a template that is built by mono and pushed out to all reseller accounts in RAI.
- The global templates may NOT be edited by anyone else but mono solutions – but it´s possible to make a copy and then edit the copy in your LOCAL template library.
- A LOCAL start site/template is a template that is built by the reseller – either from scratch or based on a copy of a global mono start site/template.
- A reseller may build as many templates as needed, until the library contains a sufficient diversity of templates to fit the business goals
THE TEMPLATE LIBRARY IN RAI
Navigate to the template tab to see the template library.
Click the [CREATE NEW TEMPLATE] button to create a new template
SEARCH FILTERS OPTIONS
- LOCAL, GLOBAL or ANY type of template
- Heading / business category
LIST OF TEMPLATES IN THE LIBRARY
- Activate the radio button if you want to either delete or copy a template
- Template ID – a unique and searchable ID number for that particular template
- Heading that describes what sort of business category the template is built for
- Language indicates the language used when creating the template
- Title is a descriptive text / headline for the template
- Description is a longer descriptive text describing the content of the template
- Scope indictaes whether the template is either LOCAL or GLOBAL
- Clicking the [EYE]-icon opens the URL of the template in a new tab/window
- Click the [TOOL]-icon to edit the template. Note that only LOCAL templates may be edited
DELETE / COPY TEMPLATES
When a radio button next to a template is checked, you can either delete or copy the template. Only ADMIN roles may delete templates. Global templates cannot be deleted.
BUILDING NEW TEMPLATES
The process of building templates ought to be carefully coordinated with the go-to-market strategy. The template library should be built up in correspondence with the business segments in focus.
RAI-users with the fulfillment permission has access to build templates. The best templates are built by people with design skills as well as an understanding of market and best practices for different business categories.
NAMING AND DESCRIBING A NEW TEMPLATE
- A descriptive title should contain the following syntax:
[BUSINESS CATEGORY], [LOOK/FEEL],[ SKIN TYPE]
Example: Menu & Accommodation, Dark, Colaborate
- Choose a heading / business category that are matching to your template theme
- Choose the language used on the template from the drop down list.
- Add a thorough description to the template. See best practice example left.
- Click the [CREATE] button to start building your template
TEMPLATES – THE DEFINITION OF DONE
Before each template is done, the following acceptance criteria should be met:
- All pages of the template should be completed
- The template has a clear heading specific theme
- The template has been built with 1-1 modules (full width) so that it is responsive and covers both desktop/mobile & FB
- The template has been tested in mono supported browsers
- No images or texts subjected to a 3rd party´s copy right were used
- Global data tags has been included on the relevant pages & modules
- The template has been named and described according to best practices
- The template has been approved by the responsible person
Applying global data to your template, ensures that customer specific data can be automatically filled into all the correct modules when creating a site from the template.
Read more about global data in chapter 6 above.
APPLYING A TEMPLATE TO A SITE
There are 3 ways to apply a template to a site.
- Manually - when creating a new site (see below, A)
- Manually – adding to an existing site (see below, B)
- Automatically (when creating START SITES), (see below, C)
A. APPLYING A TEMPLATE MANUALLY WHEN CREATING A NEW SITE
- When creating a new account, choose the template from the drop down menu in the dialogue box
B. APPLYING A TEMPLATE MANUALLY TO AN EXISTING SITE
It is possible to apply a template to an existing site at any time. However this process will overwrite all existing content, except for the content defined in global data.
Applying the template is done from the ACCOUNT PAGE.
- Navigate to the SITE TAB and choose the relevant site
- Click the [COPY FROM TEMPLATE]-button
- Choose which channels you want to copy the template design and content to
- Choose the template you want to copy from
- Click the [COPY] button to overwrite the existing site design/content on the chosen channels. Press the [CLOSE] button to cancel the process.
Once a template has been copied to a site, ALL existing content and design on the site is overwritten with the template content and design.
This action cannot be undone.
C. GENERATE START SITES
Automatically create up to 500 start sites at a time based on templates.
Data associated with global data tags can be automatically inserted in all the modules, where you want it to appear.
- Map specific template ID’s to global data that you want automatically inserted on your sites using the CSV file from the start site batches menu.
Navigate to: START SITES -> START SITE BATCHES
CLICK THE [UPLOAD BATCH DATA] BUTTON TO UPLOAD A NEW BATCH
Uploading batch data can only be done by users with ADMIN permission.
UPLOAD YOUR CSV FILE
- Browse and locate CSV file for upload on your drive
- Give the batch a descriptive title (example: ”Dentist batch #1”)
- Check which trial subscription should be applied to the start site (If more than one type is available)
- Click the [UPLOAD] button to upload the file
LIST OF COMPLETED START SITES FROM THE BATCH – READY FOR SALES
- This list will show all completed START sites from the batch. These are all live sites with a trial subscription – ready to be assigned to the sales team who can show the sites to potential client
- The admin user should assign the completed START sites on to the sales team manager